I've been working on this new version of my homepage for roughly a year now. The gist is that the CMS I wrote before only used a text field for posting new articles and such, which wasn't great for working on longer posts. I could have simply added a functionality that handles text files, but there was other stuff missing as well which I had kept putting off. Thus I went and started from scratch, writing a PHP framework by myself, which was nearly completed when I decided to scratch it in favor of a static site. Think I started working on the current jekyll implementation in april, and spend most of the time since then on my own comment system (which the site was lacking before).
Glad I can finally get back to game programming. Here's a picture of the website's previous version, for posterity.